Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Plenty To Write About!

     My husband and I just celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary yesterday.  He went to work and I did laundry and housework.  The highlight of the day was having supper with our two sons and our daughter-in-law.  Sitting around and visiting with them made it a perfect day for us.
     Have you ever thought about how many things have happened to you in your lifetime?  Just writing about our getting married could fill a book.  There was the fact that my Dad thought I was too young to get married even though I was 22 at the time.  We eloped because we couldn't afford a big wedding and that was much easier. We traveled from Wiley, Colorado to San Antonio, Texas to stay with an aunt and uncle until we could get blood tests back and get married.  The trip to San Antonio was filled with many adventures that could be written about.
     Then we came home and started our life together.  The first two years were tough with lots of little battles of wills and trying to figure out who was the boss.  We finally decided we both were!
     After 2 1/2 years of marriage, our oldest son was born.  The pregnancy was interesting with my sister moving close to us because they said she could never have children so she wanted to go through the pregnancy and birth with me.  That being said, she ended up having four children of her own!  And then, while I was pregnant  my sister and I rearranged the house and moved a huge player piano by ourselves. 
      Almost three years later, our second son was born.  The stories I could tell just about my pregnancy and birth are many.  As the boys grew, so did the stories.  They were always doing or saying something funny and yes there was always a problem to solve.
     After homeschooling the boys and them getting jobs, we moved to Wiley in my Mom and Dad's house and let the boys have our house in Lamar.  Our youngest son was gathering boxes from Wal-Mart one night and was asked if he was moving.  He said, "No, my brother and I won't leave home so Mom and Dad are!"
Another story!
     Think about your life.  It might have seemed boring to you but I'll bet there are so many stories there that people would love to hear.  Start writing!

Karen Sperra

No comments:

Post a Comment