Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What Am I Doing Here?

Did you ever get on your blog to post a new one and just sat there thinking, "What am I doing here?  I don't have anything to write today.  I don't know what to say.  What would I have to say that would be interesting to other blog readers?"  Well, that's where I am today.  I've been searching through all my writing books and can't seem to find anything I feel comfortable enough to write about.  I've thought back through my life as a writer and I don't think there are really any interesting stories that I can share with everyone.  So I'm going to start rambling and see what I can come up with today.

I started writing poems and music when I was 17.  Are they good?  Probably not!  Did I enjoy writing them?  Yes!  Have I ever been published?  Nope!  Do I want to be published?  Yep!  I have come pretty close to being published.  Twice I've had my story picked to be included in a book and twice they had to cut a few stories and of course mine was one of them.  That alone tells me that I'm good enough to be published.  I have sent in many songs and there are the usual "not what we're looking for" rejection slips from many publishers.  I've also had a few who wrote personal notes telling me I have talent and they would like to see more of my work.  There was even a couple of publishers who called to see if I could do some rewrite of my music and make it more country.  Did I do that?  Nope!  I tried.  It seems that when I have music written, I can't get my mind to change it for anything.  The music fits the words and that's it.  I think I'm stuck in my ways!

So here I've rambled about a whole lot of nothing but at least I blogged.  It's probably not one of my best blogs but sometimes we take the good with the bad.  When you're having trouble coming up with something to blog about, just start writing.  Who knows, you might come up with your best blog ever.  Keep writing!

Karen Sperra

No comments:

Post a Comment